$10,000 Game of Phones Rules
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. CHRK-FM (101.9 The Giant) – Newcap Radio Inc. (the “Station”) has set an expiry date of Monday, October 30, 2017 for The $10,000 Game of Phones (the “Contest”), however it reserves the right to terminate or extend the contest at any time. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and posted on its official website (www.giant1019.com), within the Contest section. The Contest is open to legal Canadian Residents, residing in Cape Breton Island. There is no purchase necessary to participate or to win. Employees or agents of the Station, all other Newcap Radio stations in Canada, or any entity associated with the Contest such employees of SPONSOR, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent may not participate.
2. Prizes. There is ONE Grand Prize to be won. The Grand Prize is $10,000. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of listeners who participate.
The Grand Prize is non transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. The Station assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the Prize.
3. How To Enter. Participants go to www.giant1019.com, and fill out the entry form. Only one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be removed from play.
4. Game Play. Beginning August 28th, at 9am, noon, and 5pm, two entrants names and towns will be announced. After two names are announced, listeners will be encouraged to call in and “support” one or the other. Calls will be counted for exactly 10 minutes and 19 seconds. In the event of a tie, one addition call will be taken after time has expired to break the tie. Callers can call as much as they like, and can register multiple votes if they are able to.
The entrant with the most support calls when time has expired, will remain in the game, the other will be eliminated from the contest.
Entrants will be chosen at random. Not all entrants will be announced.
5. Conditions/Restrictions. In order to be declared a ‘Winner’, the selected participant(s) will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by the Station. The Winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. They will also be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their Prize. The Winner will be responsible for any additional taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their Prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
The Station is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail, telephone or online web systems that may prevent listeners from participating In the Contest. Participants can call the Station main line (902-270-1019) if they have any questions in relation to the Contest. Decisions of the Station judges are final.
6. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, Newcap Radio and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
6. Rules. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. By entering, each participant agrees to abide by these rules and regulations and the decisions of the Station judges which are final with respect to all aspects of the contest. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available on the Station’s website (www.giant1019.com) under the Contest listing, in person at the Station’s studios (500 Kings Road, Sydney Nova Scotia) during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm), or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.